[BlueOnyx:24075] Perl/CPAN install location

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Thu Jul 9 06:22:38 -05 2020

Hi, hope this is easy.

On my newly install 5210R server, I'm installing Perl modules - normally
it's fine and they are installed into /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl, etc.

Using both cpan -i and perl -MCPAN -e shell (which I think is nearly the
same thing) they are both being installed to /home/.users/admin/perl5. I am
logged in as root.

I've read up on PERL5LIB and modifying .bashrc but these don't make a lot of
sense as they're talking about using locations other than the default
/usr/share/perl5.

Can anyone kindly shed some light on how I specify the install location?

Thanks, Richard