[BlueOnyx:24117] Re: PHP7 extensions

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jul 22 14:22:36 -05 2020

Hi Robert,

> On a 5209R with the Solarspeed PHP72 package, I am trying to migrate and
> upgrade an old version of osTicket v1.6 from a 5106R server. There are
> some PHP extensions missing to satisfy osTicket including Intl, APCu and
> opcache. Even though the Solarspeed package has multiple PHP7 versions
> installed, I only see 5.4 extensions via yum. How could I install the
> extensions needed? Any other pointers greatly appreciated.

PHP-7.4 is a bit of an odd mix. It deprecated many older extensions or
moved them into PECL or PEAR.

I just checked PHP-7.4 for 5209R. It does have support for "Intl" and
"Zend OPCache" built in. See:

/home/solarspeed/php-7.4/bin/php -m

Support for "APCu" is not built in, as that is a PECL package. If you
really need that, you can install it this way:

/home/solarspeed/php-7.4/bin/pecl install APCu

echo "extension=/home/solarspeed/php-7.4/lib/php/20190902/apcu.so" >
/home/solarspeed/php-7.4/etc/php.d/apcu.ini

That installs APCu via PECL for this version of PHP and then the next
command creates /home/solarspeed/php-7.4/etc/php.d/apcu.ini with the
required line in it to load the extension.