[BlueOnyx:24122] Re: PHP7 extensions

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Thu Jul 23 06:54:54 -05 2020

Michael Stauber wrote on 7/22/2020 3:22 PM:

> Support for "APCu" is not built in, as that is a PECL package. If you
> really need that, you can install it this way:
>
> /home/solarspeed/php-7.4/bin/pecl install APCu
>
> echo "extension=/home/solarspeed/php-7.4/lib/php/20190902/apcu.so" >
> /home/solarspeed/php-7.4/etc/php.d/apcu.ini
>
> That installs APCu via PECL for this version of PHP and then the next
> command creates /home/solarspeed/php-7.4/etc/php.d/apcu.ini with the
> required line in it to load the extension.

Thanks for the guidance Michael. osTicket also recommends the Gdlib
extension too for all features. Is there any way to install that extension?

ACPu is also not required, only recommended and not sure I need in
addition to opcache. But when I try to install ACPu, it fails with this
error:

[root at www5 elastic]# /home/solarspeed/php-7.4/bin/pecl install APCu
downloading apcu-5.1.18.tgz ...
Starting to download apcu-5.1.18.tgz (94,668 bytes)
.....................done: 94,668 bytes
39 source files, building
running: phpize
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version:         20190902
Zend Module Api No:      20190902
Zend Extension Api No:   320190902
shtool at '/tmp/pear/temp/apcu/build/shtool' does not exist or is not
executable.
Make sure that the file exists and is executable and then rerun this script.

ERROR: `phpize' failed

--
Robert