[BlueOnyx:23940] Re: Clustering with Easy Migrate

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 16:12:49 -05 2020

Hi Felix,

    At the end of the day I definitely had more outages due to the "high
    availability" stuff crapping out than I would have had on a single
    regular box without it.

Aventurin{e} cluster - the 'glass cannon' ... one of the best Michael descriptions I have ever heard! (

    This day and age hardware has become so reliable that we rarely see
    server outages due to busted components. Likewise: Virtualization allows
    us to have an easily restoreable backup or even a standby-clone of
    entire VPS's at the ready, which can - in seconds - be fired up when the
    need arises.

Single node / single VPS Aventurin{e} is free.
Even an unlimited Aventurin{e} licence isn't expensive.
It has to be a no-brainer to virtualise as Michael suggests and cross-backup?

Regards

Colin