[BlueOnyx:23958] Re: 5210R: Postfix SNI support - status update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 9 17:17:29 -05 2020

Hi Larry,

> Understand and agree.  The conversion is actually pretty easy.
> mb2md.pl (perl written originally by Robin Whittle and now maintained
> by Juri Haberland) does this fairly easily.

"dsync" (part of Dovecot) also easily does this - both ways. The issue
is converting a large number of massive mailboxes might not be practical
if run from the GUI. There will be timeouts.

Something else:

What exactly do you do to a BlueOnyx to convert it from mbox to maildir?

In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf the "mail_location" needs to be adapted:

Mbox:
mail_location = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=mbox

Maildir:
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

Then /etc/procmailrc needs to be changed from ...

# Mbox:
ORGMAIL=$HOME/mbox
DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL

... to:

# Maildir:
ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL
MAILDIR=$ORGMAIL

I just did that and after the necessary service restarts and conversions
incoming emails end up in limbo, but aren't visible in RoundCube.

What am I missing?