[BlueOnyx:23959] Re: 5210R: Postfix SNI support - status update

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Jun 9 18:03:51 -05 2020

On Tue June 9 2020 17:17, Michael Stauber wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> > Understand and agree.  The conversion is actually pretty easy.
> > mb2md.pl (perl written originally by Robin Whittle and now maintained
> > by Juri Haberland) does this fairly easily.
>
> "dsync" (part of Dovecot) also easily does this - both ways. The issue
> is converting a large number of massive mailboxes might not be practical
> if run from the GUI. There will be timeouts.
>
> Something else:
>
> What exactly do you do to a BlueOnyx to convert it from mbox to maildir?
>
> In /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf the "mail_location" needs to be
> adapted:
>
> Mbox:
> mail_location = mbox:~/mail/:INBOX=mbox
>
> Maildir:
> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
>
> Then /etc/procmailrc needs to be changed from ...
>
> # Mbox:
> ORGMAIL=$HOME/mbox
> DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL
>
> ... to:
>
> # Maildir:
> ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/
> DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL
> MAILDIR=$ORGMAIL
>
> I just did that and after the necessary service restarts and conversions
> incoming emails end up in limbo, but aren't visible in RoundCube.
>
> What am I missing?

On mine the 10-mail.conf change was:
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs:DIRNAME=MailDiR

and the procmailrc change was:
##ORGMAIL=$HOME/mbox
##DEFAULT=$ORGMAIL
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/INBOX/MailDiR/new
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log

Which is really not 100% correct because it ends up putting all the
mail one level deeper (Maildir/INBOX/MailDiR/) than it should be
but by the time I got it working I was too frustrated to go back and
change it.

--
Larry Smith
lesmith at ecsis.net