[BlueOnyx:24051] Re: DNS servers not syncing.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jun 30 14:21:25 -05 2020

Hi Colin,

> All are 5208R – I am loath to move to 5209R or 5210R because I find it
> useful to be able to check records by reading the plain text files in
> the named folder!

That's actually the same on 5210R, as it uses the same setup for DNS as
all previous versions of BlueOnyx.

> Unfortunately we are finding that if changes are made on the primary
> zone they doesn’t always propagate to the secondary.
>
> This has become quite a pain as customers who have access to their DNS
> records on our servers are complaining! :-/

Until now I wasn't aware of this problem, Colin. So for the moment I
have no idea about the cause of this and would need to investigate.

Are the serial numbers of the SOA different when this problem happens?