[BlueOnyx:24053] Re: DNS servers not syncing.

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Jun 30 14:45:21 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

    > All are 5208R – I am loath to move to 5209R or 5210R because I find it
    > useful to be able to check records by reading the plain text files in
    > the named folder!

    That's actually the same on 5210R, as it uses the same setup for DNS as
    all previous versions of BlueOnyx.

Excellent. I probably need to migrate them then.

    > Unfortunately we are finding that if changes are made on the primary
    > zone they doesn’t always propagate to the secondary.
    >
    > This has become quite a pain as customers who have access to their DNS
    > records on our servers are complaining! :-/

    Until now I wasn't aware of this problem, Colin. So for the moment I
    have no idea about the cause of this and would need to investigate.

    Are the serial numbers of the SOA different when this problem happens?

Yes the serial numbers are different so it hasn't synced.

I will look at migrating to 5210R and see what happens.
It has been going on for a while so I am sure it can wait until I bring things up to date.

I will feedback in due course - don't want to add any more balls to the bowling alley!! (

Kind regards

Colin

P.S. Any thoughts on the active backup?