[BlueOnyx:23729] Let's Encrypt not renewing/requesting.

Dick Dolby dickdolby at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 13:09:30 -05 2020

Hi Blues,

Trying to add SSL for a new domain  I was able to create a self-signed
certificate, but the LE request went through suspiciously quickly. I
checked, and it had not worked. No error text in the GUI either.

Reminded of Larry Smith's thread [BlueOnyx:23699], I checked the last line
of  /etc/admserv/conf.d/ssl.conf just in case, and the file ends at the
"Enable GZip Compression" section with the final line being:

    DeflateCompressionLevel 9

In case it was related only to the new domain, I tried renewing the
certificate for an existing sub-domain and got the same quick response / no
renewal.

/var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log is 0 bytes and is dated March 3rd.

I have no intermediates listed on the domain's Certificate Authority
Management page.

yum clean all / yum update gives no packages to update.

yum update base-ssl (Michael mentioned an update) returns no package
available.

I don't think I have any renewals due imminently but I'd rather not wait
around to find out they're not working.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best,

DD