[BlueOnyx:23874] Re: Garbled characters immediately after installation

Tomohiro Hosaka bokutin at gmail.com
Fri May 22 03:28:19 -05 2020

Hi,

> Is it correct that the problem only happens if you choose Japanese in
the GUI based setup wizard?

yes.

I investigated further.

It turned out that /etc/cobalt/locale is increasing after reselecting
with user/personalAccount compared to immediately after selecting
Japanese in the wizard.

# cat /etc/cobalt/locale
ja_JP

In other words, immediately after selecting Japanese in the wizard,
/etc/cobalt/locale does not exist.

This is I think the cause.

Maybe /usr/sausalito/handlers/base/system/product_language.pl needs to
be called at the right time?

Thanks,