[BlueOnyx:24457] Re: EasyMigrate Failure

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Nov 3 17:20:47 -05 2020

Hi Chad,

> [MIGRATION_START] Starting Migration of Vsite all
> ERROR: Vsite obfuscated_vsite1.obfuscated_domain1.net did not create
> properly.
>
> There's not much to go on, from a debugging perspective, so I'm at a bit
> of a loss why the migrate failed.

Yeah, this is indeed not much to go on. At that stage Easy-Migrate had
all the info it needed and  did a "CREATE Vsite" with the given
settings. And the target box failed to create the Vsite.

Please check /var/log/messages to see what happened and what information
was logged during the "CREATE Vsite" transaction.

One common probable cause is: The IP address you're trying to set for
the new Vsite(s) is not allowed to be used, because the "IP Address
Allocation" feature is turned on an that IP isn't within one of the
allowed ranges. You could then simply turn "IP Address Allocation" off
and try again.

If it's not that, then please report back with the part from
/var/log/messages that shows the lines that happened during the failed
transaction.