[BlueOnyx:24503] Re: Postfix config

Ernie ernie at info.eis.net.au
Fri Nov 13 05:52:31 -05 2020

Are these clients SASL authenticated?

This is what's in my main.cf

smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
    permit_mynetworks
    permit_sasl_authenticated
    reject_invalid_helo_hostname
    reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname
    reject_unknown_helo_hostname

Because permit_sasl_authenticated  should let them send, unless they
don't have a login on your server in which case rejecting a bad FQDN is to
be expected in this day and age.

I am not sure how postfiix prioritized it's rules, I would asume the first
match and it stops looking, permit_sasl_authenticated comes before reject_non_fqdn_helo_hostname
so to get that HELO rejection you posted, the client must be failing both
the permit_mynetworks and permit_sasl_authenticated tests first.

-Ernie.

[ Charset ISO-8859-1 converted... ]