[BlueOnyx:24511] Re: Problem with "Accept from unresolvable domains" - YUM updates available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Nov 13 13:00:51 -05 2020

Hi Michael,

> If it is not looking at the email address I am confused even more by
> this setting. So how are clients supposed to configure Outlook to be
> able to send email?

This was supposed to work either via Saslauthd or the usual "Accept
email from host/domain" (/etc/mail/access and /etc/postfix/access) like
in Sendmail.

But as Dir pointed out further down in this topic: Even if you use
Saslauth (or the access list), it might still trigger on one of the
other restrictions.

Long story short: Good idea. But doesn't work for us.

I just published base-email updates which roll this part back.

With "Accept from unresolvable domains" the 'smtpd_sender_restrictions'
*unticked* we use this:

postconf -e 'smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access'

And with it ticked we use this:

postconf -e 'smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access'

We've had the 'reject_unknown_sender_domain' in before and it caused no
issues, so this should be fine.

So as always:

yum clean all
yum update