[BlueOnyx:24530] Re: 5210R Blacklist logging

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Nov 21 22:45:55 -05 2020

Hi Florian,

> While tampering around with this i must have somehow f*cked up
> my logging and have no idea why or how ;(. Everything seems to work
> fine, but maillog, messages and others are 0 bytes and don’t get
> updated. This just happend all of a sudden without any obvious reason.
> Even a reboot didn’t help ;(. Any ideas?

This sometimes happens on OpenVZ 7 CTs. When it does, you can shake it
loose this way:

Take a look inside the directory /var/log/journal. There is a numbered
directory inside like this (with different numbers):

/var/log/journal/311eec4915624c639c5e5ca97e9a3100

Delete everything in it like this:

rm /var/log/journal/<your-numbered-dir>/*

Then run the following commands and your logging should work again:

rm /var/lib/rsyslog/imjournal.state
systemctl restart systemd-journald
systemctl restart rsyslog

And yes: I've been reading your findings about Postfix RBLs. I'll work
out a fix in the next few days.