[BlueOnyx:24401] Re: 5210 SSL issue, Let's Encrypt seems to not renew on some sites after migration.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Oct 20 23:21:07 -05 2020

Hi Brian,

> Just want to try culling it back and removing the SSL certificate as a
> lot has happened with and since the migration to 5210 from a failing
> 5209 server (the old VM had MANY issues).
>
> I would like to know how I can remove the SSL certificates, both the
> self signed and Let’s Encrypt certificates, not just disable, as I
> figure if there is nothing there to start with it should be able to just
> obtain a fresh SSL cert from Let’s Encrypt.

Whenever you go to the LE request page in the GUI and request a new
certificate, the old certificate will be replaced with a new one. It
doesn't matter what certificate (if any) was already there to begin
with: None, self signed, from some SSL-shack or an LE cert. It'll be
replaced with a fresh LE cert. That means: New key, new certificate and
the intermediate will all get replaced.

If you want to play it *really* safe (no need, really), then you could
disable SSL for the Vsite and then clean out the /certs directory manually.