[BlueOnyx:24435] Re: Use Let'sEncrypt with caution on main server management page

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Oct 28 16:47:57 -05 2020

Hi ^Gecko^,

> After installing and updating 5210R, if I go to Security>SSL and use
> Let's Encrypt, the page fails to load, then I am no longer able to
> access the web interface by any means.  I don't know how to un-do
> whatever letsencrypt does, I have to reinstall from scratch.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

I think this is a first. Never heard of that one before.

But there are ways to shake this loose manually w/o OS reinstall.

For example:

rm /etc/admserv/certs/*
/usr/sausalito/sbin/cced.init restart
systemctl admserv restart

That'll delete the AdmServ certs. Then it restarts CCEd and that will
regenerate a self-signed SSL certificate for AdmServ. For good measure a
restart of the service "admserv" is added and then the GUI should work
again.