[BlueOnyx:24756] Re: RoundCube mysteriously stopped working

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Tue Feb 2 03:34:09 -05 2021

hello

just yesterday, a failed login happened to me, too... don't ask me why all of a sudden!

if the error displays:

	DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
	Unable to connect to the database!
	Please contact your server-administrator.

then the MySQL database has a glitch, maybe caused by the entries of a previous RC version.

• in phpMyAdmin, all databases are listed in its left column.
   All RC databases start with nwa_... (like nwa_pEswssHgtxvC)
   To find out which database is related to the current RC installation, then
   - check the config/config.inc.php file in the web/roundcube/ installation,
   - look for the line $config['db_dsnw'] =
   - at the end of the line you will find the database name: nwa_whatever

• in phpMyAdmin, select the above database
   open phpMyAdmin in a new browser window by clicking on the ↪︎ arrow on the upper right
   click on «Structure» (between Browse and Search)
   spot the 4th line «alias», its Default value is probably NONE
   click on the Action «Change»
   change the Default value in its [_dropdown_⬍] to NULL
   click (_Save_) at the lower right

The login into RC should work now.

hope that helps

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler