[BlueOnyx:24700] Dovecot CVE-2020-24386

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Jan 6 11:29:03 -05 2021

Hi all,

This just popped up on my radar:

https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/2021-January/000448.html

They published a new version of Dovecot and it closes a vulnerability:

* CVE-2020-24386: Specially crafted command can cause IMAP hibernate to
  allow logged in user to access other people's emails and filesystem
  information.

It's been quite a long while since Dovecot had any known
vulnerabilities, so this is indeed kind of unexpected.

I'm now checking if the Dovecots on 5209R and 5210R are affected by this.

5210R uses the CentOS 8 Dovecot and upstream doesn't have an updated
version yet.

5209R uses a Dovecot I've built from the sources, so I'll provide an
update for it within the next couple of hours.