[BlueOnyx:25018] "no such user" problem in mailman

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Fri Jul 23 11:19:24 -05 2021

Hi ...

I was asked by Chris to send a note. We are on 5209r, but the mailman part of the GUI has never worked here.

When I go to the page, the only thing other than "mailman enabled" and a password I've never seen before has a button for mailman administration, but that is just the typical list of mailman lists.

Problem: this particular list "appears" to be set up, and Chris said it was OK, but any email sent to it bounces with "no such user."

I've tried this over the months, and no change.

in /etc/mail/aliases.mailman, the list looks the same as all the others.

Any hints as to what I'm missing?

thanks in advance