[BlueOnyx:25030] Re: LE Cert problem

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Jul 25 19:18:51 -05 2021

Hi Colin,

> I have a new 5210R server and have set up a new vsite.
>
> The vsite has one alias.
>
> I have generated an LE cert (inc. the alias) but the cert doesn’t show
> the alias as an alternative name. :-?

Weird. It *should* show. If an alias was included during the LE cert
request and the verification of the alias failed, then the cert wouldn't
have been issued. These cert requests usually either go through, or fail
completely.

> How can I totally remove the current cert and generate a new one to see
> if that fixes the problem?

Just request another LE cert via the GUI by ticking "Request or Renew
Certificate". That will do another (full) LE cert request.

> There was an existing cert generated before adding the alias, so I
> suspect this may be the problem.
Or it's possible the cert request went through, but Apache (and/or
Nginx) didn't get restarted. So you still see the "old" cert until the
next Apache/Nginx restart.