[BlueOnyx:25031] Re: LE Cert problem

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 02:57:17 -05 2021

Morning Michael,

On 26/07/2021, 01:26, "Blueonyx on behalf of Michael Stauber" <blueonyx-bounces at mail.blueonyx.it on behalf of mstauber at blueonyx.it> wrote:

    > I have generated an LE cert (inc. the alias) but the cert doesn’t show
    > the alias as an alternative name. :-?

    Weird. It *should* show. If an alias was included during the LE cert
    request and the verification of the alias failed, then the cert wouldn't
    have been issued. These cert requests usually either go through, or fail
    completely.

    > How can I totally remove the current cert and generate a new one to see
    > if that fixes the problem?

    Just request another LE cert via the GUI by ticking "Request or Renew
    Certificate". That will do another (full) LE cert request.

Already done that a couple of times!

    > There was an existing cert generated before adding the alias, so I
    > suspect this may be the problem.
    Or it's possible the cert request went through, but Apache (and/or
    Nginx) didn't get restarted. So you still see the "old" cert until the
    next Apache/Nginx restart.

Thanks. Will try that

Regards

Colin