[BlueOnyx:25044] Re: Authenticated smarthost using Postfix

Colin Jack colin at mainline.co.uk
Tue Jul 27 11:10:33 -05 2021

Hi Michael,

> I *think* so, but I haven't yet used that option myself. But from what I've read
> at the URL you posted I'm fairly certain that it should work.
>
> The main.cf of Postfix on a BlueOnyx is corrected by a custom Systemd script of
> ours on every Postfix restart. But we don't entirely replace it. Instead we use
> "postconf" to adjust selected values. That script isn't modifying
> 'smtpd_sasl_password_maps', so you should be find making that change once
> and have it persist.

Still cannot get it to work.

This is an extract from my main.cf

relayhost = relay.isp.net
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
#
smtpd_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtpd_sasl_security_options =
#

In sasl_passwd:
relay.isp.net username:password

Hashed.

Not working. Has anybody else been able to get this working on a BX machine?
Everything on the internet suggests using smtp rather than smtpd but otherwise the same.

Regards

Colin