[BlueOnyx:24980] user wants his old e-mail from uname at domain.tld to new uname at uname.domain.tld

Meaulnes Legler @ MailList bluelist at waveweb.ch
Sun Jun 27 08:58:57 -05 2021

hmmm, I have a tricky one here, I presume it isn't possible, but one can still ask, right?

on the 5209R, users had their own webspace reachable at www.domain.tld/~uname/

now on the 5210R, this isn't possible. So, for a specific user who wanted to regain his webspace at above address, I created a new virtual site called uname.domain.tld and transferred all files to that domain. I had to delete the user «uname» at domain.tld and set it up as new user «uname» at uname.domain.tld.

everything works fine except that his·her original e-mail address *uname at domain.tld* doesn't work anymore, the new working address is *uname at uname.domain.tld*

now: is there way to set up an alias at domain.tld the redirects *uname at domain.tld* to *uname at uname.domain.tld*?

thank you and best regards

で⊃ Meaulnes Legler
Zurich, Switzerland
+41¦0 44 260-1660

I'm on *Wire* as @meaulnes — https://get.wire.com/

PS: in the GUI of uname.domain.tld, at Site Management > User List > Sender Address, on can select from the drop-down one of the aliases as the Username, but of the the Domain is immutable, the drop-down shows *uname.domain.tld* as only choice, cannot choose *domain.tld* ...