[BlueOnyx:24809] Re: Aventurine backup and yum problems

Richard Owen richard at pelicanit.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 06:51:28 -05 2021

I have 3 problems with Aventurine hosts I am running.

1. the snapshot backup retention does not seem to be working. I have it set for 2 days but it keeps adding new days until the backup drive runs out of space. In this case it gets to 4 snapshots.

2. in trying to diagnose this I decided to try and do ayum update to see if any updates would fix the problem but when I try and run Yum update I get an error about Multilib:

Error:  Multilib version problems found. This often means that the root
       cause is something else and multilib version checking is just
       pointing out that there is a problem.

It goes on but I did not want to paste the whole long thing.

Last but not least I have one Node that is up and running (for a long time) but when I try and ssh in I get the followin error:
System is booting up. See pam_nologin(8)

Any ideas?

Hi,
I am also getting the same issue for YUM update, so any help on this would be appreciated.

Error:  Multilib version problems found. This often means that the root
       cause is something else and multilib version checking is just
       pointing out that there is a problem.

Thanks, and regards
Richard