[BlueOnyx:24810] Re: Aventurine backup and yum problems

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Mar 4 11:27:50 -05 2021

Hi Michael and Richard,

> Last but not least I have one Node that is up and running (for a long
> time) but when I try and ssh in I get the followin error:
>
> System is booting up. See pam_nologin(8)

For some reason your /run/nologin lockfile wasn't removed. This is easy
to fix, though. Just run "rm /run/nologin" and you should be good.

> 1. the snapshot backup retention does not seem to be working. I have it
> set for 2 days but it keeps adding new days until the backup drive runs
> out of space. In this case it gets to 4 snapshots.

I'm not sure about that one. I think one of the updates you're missing
might solve that. If it doesn't, then there could be various causes and
it would be best if I could take a look.

> 2. in trying to diagnose this I decided to try and do ayum update to see
> if any updates would fix the problem but when I try and run Yum update I
> get an error about Multilib:
>
> Error:  Multilib version problems found. This often means that the root
>        cause is something else and multilib version checking is just
>        pointing out that there is a problem.

This tells us that there is an RPM present that's installed in two
versions for different architectures and now YUM struggles to update it.
The error output actually tells which RPM that is, but it's omitted from
what you posted. Please try again and report back what it said with a
bit less verbosity and I can help you to figure this out.

But like said: If you pass me the login details (offlist - of course)
I'll gladly take a look and fix it for you free of charge.