[BlueOnyx:25203] Re: High Load Average

Fungal Style wayin at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 9 07:14:48 -05 2021

I was thinking about the issue again, a couple of other things to check and if it is not something obvious it may at least get you started on the right track.

A couple of other “common” issues would be:

  *   An exploited plugin
  *   An exploited site
With the exploited sites and plugins it is usually to send spam, now checking your maillog may show large amounts of sending and/or bounces, also checking webalizer to see the traffic statistics and often if there is an exploitd site or plugin it will show up as having a large number of hits/visits from often the same IP address(es).

Well that is where I would start looking…

Regards
Brian