[BlueOnyx:25180] Re: Getting Started with Let'sEncrypt and local https access

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Oct 29 14:44:39 -05 2021

Hi Chad,

Welcome to BlueOnyx!

> Firefox Reports:
> Secure Connection Failed
> An error occurred during a connection to hostname.domainname.com:444.
> SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.
> Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
>
> Chrome/Edge says:
> ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

This is a port/protocol mismatch.

HTTP uses port 80
HTTPS uses port 443

AdmServ (the BlueOnyx GUI) uses it's own ports:

GUI HTTP:  port 444
GUI HTTPS: port 81

So please try this instead: https://hostname.domainname.com:81/ and you
will be able to reach the GUI via HTTPS.

Another recommendation to avoid that confusion:

In the GUI go to "Server Management" / "Maintenance" / "Server Desktop"
and set "GUI access protocols" to "HTTPS only" and tick the checkbox
"Redirect to Server-Name". Then save the changes.

That way all HTTP access to the GUI will be redirected to HTTPS instead,
using the FQDN of the BlueOnyx-Server that is configured in the Network
Settings.

Please let us know if you ever need anything else and either I or
someone else here on the list will see what we can do for you.