[BlueOnyx:25116] Re: OT: Azure "OMIGOD" exploit

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Thu Sep 16 08:30:31 -05 2021

On 9/15/2021 8:08 PM, Michael Stauber wrote:
> This is in no way related to BlueOnyx, but I know some here use Azure
> for hosting BlueOnyx.
>
> Check this out if you haven't:
>
> https://www.wiz.io/blog/secret-agent-exposes-azure-customers-to-unauthorized-code-execution

Absolutely shameful.

Obviously, nobody is immune to a mistake or failure and sometimes they
have terrible consequences.   But perhaps this is a good reminder that
if you're running on a non-native platform, you might take a moment to
check out the providers who support these projects (BlueOnyx,
Aventurin{e}).   Without naming names, I know there are a couple of
folks on this list that have left the Azure (or on-prem Hyper-V)
platforms to host with us who have reported better performance and
reduced cost (in one case, less than half).    Access to boutique
support, lower cost, and not vulnerable to what may perhaps wind up
being the most egregious MS hosting breach in history?   What's not to
love?!

--

Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services