[BlueOnyx:25121] Re: Let's Encrypt problem, 5208R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Sep 24 14:55:48 -05 2021

Hi Darren,

> I can't seem to get the 5208R system to properly execute the Let's Encrypt
> process - it seems to create the token, but complains of "Verify
> error:Invalid response from
> http://<domain>/.well-known/acme-challenge/tokenname [public IP]:" then it
> tells me to check a non-existent file in a non-existent directory:
> /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
>
> Is there a fix for this short of migrating to a later version of Blue Onyx?

If this is really still a BlueOnyx 5208R, then it's high time to migrate
to something newer. After all: 5208R is EOL since November 2020.

Best would be to go straight for BlueOnyx 5210R on AlmaLinux 8.

Additionally: There isn't even a short term fix for the Let's Encrypt
issue on EL6, as one of Let’s Encrypt’s root certificates is about to
expire and for any OS not using a somewhat modern version of OpenSSL
this causes issues:

https://techcrunch.com/2021/09/21/lets-encrypt-root-expiry/

https://portswigger.net/daily-swig/device-breakage-concerns-persist-days-before-lets-encrypt-root-cert-expiry