[BlueOnyx:25784] Re: 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Tue Dec 6 17:11:49 -05 2022

Hi Michael

 >> 1. Postfix
 >> I have problems sending mails to my vm, because some alias files
does not exists:

 >> /etc/mail/aliases -> no db file
 >> /etc/mailman/aliases -> no file (folder does not exists)
 >> /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman -> no file (folder does not exists)

 > Yeah, that shouldn't be the case as Mailman is absent on 5211R. I'll
check the configs and installation script in a moment to see if Postfix
still has some Mailman artifacts in it.

 > As for /etc/mail/aliases? It sounds like the installer didn't run
this script:

 > /usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh
 >
 > Please run it manually it should fix the /etc/mail/aliase issue.

No, that won't fix the problem. I think the script was executed,
/etc/mail/aliases was a symlink until initServices.sh. Then
/etc/mail/aliases exists and /etc/aliases is deleted. But there's no
aliases.db. Manual execute the scripts show this error:
newaliases: cannot open /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/newaliases would use the /etc/aliases. Should this use
/etc/mail/aliases or should there be a symlink?
postalias /etc/mail/aliases
fixes the problem and will create the aliases.db file on correct
position. I have to execute postalias for all three files (and create
the two files in /etc/mailman), then postfix works without errors.

Regards,
Juerg