[BlueOnyx:25785] Re: 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 6 17:33:18 -05 2022

Hi Juerg,

> No, that won't fix the problem. I think the script was executed,
> /etc/mail/aliases was a symlink until initServices.sh. Then
> /etc/mail/aliases exists and /etc/aliases is deleted.

That is fine. We only need /etc/mail/aliases and /etc/aliases should be
gone.

> newaliases: cannot open /etc/aliases: No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/newaliases would use the /etc/aliases. Should this use
> /etc/mail/aliases or should there be a symlink?

No symlink. /etc/aliases should be gone and "newaliases" should not
report any errors.

Please check what your sendmail.mc has set for ALIAS_FILE. It should be
like this:

#> cat /etc/mail/sendmail.mc|grep ALIAS_FILE
define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/mail/aliases')dnl

If that is the case, then "newaliases" should not throw any error. If
your sendmail.mc still has /etc/aliases in it, then that's the cause of
the problem.

To be really sure do this:

cp /usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/sendmail.mc /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
cd /etc/mail
make all
newaliases

That should fix it.