[BlueOnyx:25787] Re: 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Tue Dec 6 17:43:45 -05 2022

Hi Michael

 > Please check what your sendmail.mc has set for ALIAS_FILE. It should
be like this:
 > #> cat /etc/mail/sendmail.mc|grep ALIAS_FILE
 > define(`ALIAS_FILE', `/etc/mail/aliases')dnl
 >
 > If that is the case, then "newaliases" should not throw any error. If
your sendmail.mc still has /etc/aliases in it, then that's the cause of
the problem.

 > To be really sure do this:
 >
 > cp /usr/sausalito/configs/sendmail/sendmail.mc /etc/mail/sendmail.mc
 > cd /etc/mail
 > make all
 > newaliases

Yes, that helped. sendmail.mc was to /etc/aliases, after executing the
commands, the sendmail.mc is correct. I'll try it tomorrow on an old
snapshot to check if that also fixes the mailman-errors. Which
setup-script should copy the sendmail.mc and was not executed properly?

Regards,
Juerg