[BlueOnyx:25789] Re: 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Dec 6 18:59:04 -05 2022

Hi Juerg,

Earlier I wrote:
> Actually all the scripts in /usr/sausalito/scripts/ are symlinked into
> /usr/sausalito/runonce/ and during the first boot of a freshly installed
> system they should all be executed and the symlinks are then removed.
>
> See:
> https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5211R/platform/base-blueonyx.mod/templates/rpmdefs.tmpl#L130
>
> This is the RPM specfile of the module "base-blueonyx".
>
> My guess is that this somehow hasn't happened on your box.

And I just figured it out. The "runonce" scripts did indeed NOT run on
firstboot. There is a one-shot Systemd Unit file called "blueonyx" that
runs /usr/sausalito/sbin/bx_runonce.sh. Which executes the symlinked
scripts from /usr/sausalito/runonce/ and then removes the symlinks.

But: That script still was dependent on the "functions" include file
from InitV or Upstart, which of course is no longer present. /facepalm

Long story short: The one-time setup scripts didn't get executed at all.

I just fixed the script and published a new "base-blueonyx" RPM that
fixes the issue. Am also trying out a new ISO image for 5211R which will
be published within the hour.