[BlueOnyx:25795] Re: 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Wed Dec 7 13:46:45 -05 2022

Hi Michael

 >> I'll try it tomorrow on an old snapshot to check if that also fixes
the mailman-errors. Which setup-script should copy the sendmail.mc and
was not executed properly?

 >That's this one:

/>usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh

 >Actually all the scripts in /usr/sausalito/scripts/ are symlinked into
/usr/sausalito/runonce/ and during the first boot of a freshly installed
system they should all be executed and the symlinks are then removed.

Today I installed the system with yum (dnf groupinstall blueonyx) from
scratch in a fresh vm.

First: mboxfix and the gui problem in network are fixed now, thanks!

But the postfix problem still persists. Here my
/tmp/blueonyx-glue-post-install.log

Handled SELinux
Ran /usr/sausalito/sbin/write_udev.pl >
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/enableQuota.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/enableQuota.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initHttpd.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/initHttpd.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initNamed.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/initNamed.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initPostfix.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/initPostfix.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initProcmail.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/initProcmail.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/initSendmail.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initServices.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/initServices.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/init.sh /usr/sausalito/runonce/init.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/initSSL.sh /usr/sausalito/runonce/initSSL.sh
ln -sf /usr/sausalito/scripts/pwdb2shadow.sh
/usr/sausalito/runonce/pwdb2shadow.sh
Ran external /usr/sausalito/scripts/init.sh to complete post-install

After your update, the script was executed and /usr/sausalito/runonce is
empty.

But the sendmail.cf is still invalid and newaliases don't work. Running
/usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh manually doesn't fix the problem.

I don't understand in detail what the script does, but in my opinion you
check if mailman or majordomo is installed and copy seperate config
files in this case. If the services are not installed, you create
/tmp/nolist.mailmain
  and /tmp/nolist.majordomo. So far, so good.

But then you only copy the sendmail.cf file if the files does NOT exists:
if [ ! -f /tmp/nolist.mailmain ] && [ ! -f /tmp/nolist.majordomo ];then
for my understanding, the sendmail.mc has to be copied if both files
will EXIST, also
if [ -f /tmp/nolist.mailmain ] && [ -f /tmp/nolist.majordomo ];then

Fact is, in my setup /usr/sausalito/scripts/initSendmail.sh creates two
files in /tmp but does not copy any of the files
$CONFDIR/sendmail.mc.mailman
$CONFDIR/sendmail.mc.majordomo
$CONFDIR/sendmail.mc
so sendmail.mc keeps unchanged.

After manual copy, there's also an error, because /etc/postfix/main.cf
referes to /etc/mail/aliases.mailman:
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/etc/mail/aliases.mailman
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases, hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
hash:/etc/mail/aliases.mailman

And there's today on my new vm also a problem to send mails to
admin at blueonyx9.home.local. blueonyx9.home.local is my FQDN of the
server, in this setup I haven't created any vhosts.
/etc/mail/virtusertable routes this to admin:
admin at blueonyx9.home.local      admin
root-admin at blueonyx9.home.local admin
but this aliaes would be ignored. Maybe a temporary failure on my vm, I
have also DNS problems at this time. You can ignore this, if it should
work, I'll test it again, when postfix runs out of the box.

Thanks again for your support and fast fixes.

Regards,
Juerg