[BlueOnyx:25796] Re: 5211R: errors in postfix, gui and mboxfix.pl

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Wed Dec 7 16:00:28 -05 2022

Hi Michael

 > But then you only copy the sendmail.cf file if the files does NOT exists:
 > if [ ! -f /tmp/nolist.mailmain ] && [ ! -f /tmp/nolist.majordomo ];then
 > for my understanding, the sendmail.mc has to be copied if both files
will EXIST, also
 > if [ -f /tmp/nolist.mailmain ] && [ -f /tmp/nolist.majordomo ];then

Also check the if around this block:
/bin/grep 'setup for BlueOnyx' /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /dev/null 2>&1
IMHO, this line also needs to be inverted, you would patch the file, if
grep is NOT successful (but it's hard do debug 3rd party scripts, maybe
I understand something wrong and everything is ok).

 > And there's today on my new vm also a problem to send mails to
admin at blueonyx9.home.local. blueonyx9.home.local is my FQDN of the
server, in this setup I haven't created any vhosts.
 > /etc/mail/virtusertable routes this to admin:
 > admin at blueonyx9.home.local      admin
 > root-admin at blueonyx9.home.local admin
 > but this aliaes would be ignored. Maybe a temporary failure on my vm,
I have also DNS problems at this time. You can ignore this, if it should
work, I'll test it again, when postfix runs out of the box.

After solve my dns problem, mail to admin is working again (except
main.cf change and manuell copy of sendmail.cf as described above).

Regards,
Juerg