[BlueOnyx:25801] Re: FTPS not working on 5210R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 8 11:40:43 -05 2022

Hi Larry,

> Have two reasonably new 5210R loads and just
> had a customer tell me he canot connect ftps.
> Is this something I missed or is the 5210R
> supposed to support ftps?  The 5209R has
> a check box for ftps that I cannot find on 5210R.

The FTP-implementation in 5210R (and 5211R) is different than on 5209R.

It's all explained here:

https://www.blueonyx.it/news/245/79/5210R-Development-Jailkit

FTP and FTPs are now all on port 21/TCP and port 990 is no longer used
for FTPS.

Make sure the client is using the right port for his connection. If it
still doesn't work for a certain Vsite user? Then go to that Vsite in
question and flip "Shell Access" for the Vsite off, save and turn it
back on again. You might have to enable it again for the user afterwards
as well. That re-creates the chrooted jails for the Vsite and usually
fixes it.