[BlueOnyx:25822] Re: 5211R: system php update - admserv fails on php-fpm restart

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Mon Dec 12 13:22:09 -05 2022

Hi Michael

> > What's the reason to store the admserv-php-fpm sock- and pid-file in
> > /var/run/php-fpm? I think move them to /var/run/admserv-php-fpm would
> > make sense. What do you think about?
>
> Many thanks for testing this out. Yeah, that totally makes sense. I
> just released an updated base-admserv to YUM that changes the location
> of the PID and Socket file to the directory /run/admserv-php-fpm/ to
> keep things separate from the OS's PHP-FPM:

Thanks for your update. I tested it today in a fresh vm with official
php 8.1 and epel/remi php 8.2. Both was successful and admserv-php-fpm
and php-fpm are absolutely independent and have no impact to each other.
It's a great feature in 5211R that so can update system php so easy
without impact to the admserv.

Thanks you!

Regards,
Juerg