[BlueOnyx:25823] Re: 5211R - time/timezone setup

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Mon Dec 12 13:31:57 -05 2022

Hi Michael

 > The mechanism for changing the date and time zone is exactly the same
as before on 5210R:
 > The GUI page feeds the change request into CCEd and upon changing
either date,
 > time or time zone settings the corresponding Perl handlers are run to
make the changes.

Also thanks for anwer this. You're right: this is a one-time-setup issue
and it's not very important. But maybe, there's only a small error in
setup orders: it looks like you set time first and then the timezone,
correct would be timezone first.

My system time before one-time-setup is 15:10 GMT+1

In the browser page it appears as 9:10 GMT-5 (in combination correct)

I change time AND timezone back to 15:10 GMT+1

And then setup does in my optionion (not checked with the source code)
1) set time to entered 15:10 in current time-zone GMT-5
2) set timezone to GMT+1 which will also auto-adjust the time to given
timezone

After this server-time is 21:10 GMT+1, which is wrong and will be
corrected on next ntp sync.

Don't invest to much time in this problem.

Regards,
Juerg