[BlueOnyx:25859] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 28 09:05:51 -05 2022

Hi Juerg,

> Monitorix won't work on my servers (neither on existing servers nor on a
> freshly installed test VM). I have to install "perl-Config-General",
> after that everything works fine. There's a missing dependency on the
> rpm package.

Dang. Actually we have quite a few CCE Handlers that use
"perl-Config-General", too. I thought it was listed as hard requirement
for at least one of the BlueOnyx modules, but apparently not. I just
published an updated base-vsite which now has it as hard requirement.
Many thanks!

> GoAccess: I have to test it tomorrow then logrotate affected. I
> excecuted the logrotate commands manually which will create the json
> files, but the web site on virtual hosts does not offer valid GoAccess
> statistic.

Yeah, it's kinda tricky to trigger this via a manual log rotate, as the
split_logs will only generate the /home/sites/<Vsite>/var/logs/web.log
file for a Vsite if the Vsite in question did have any recent web
traffic prior to the logrotate.

> Does GoAccess needs more than a json-file in
 > /home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/2022/12/28?

No, it just needs a web.json in there. And preferably one directly in
/home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/ as well.

For testing purposes you can create one yourself if you feed it with a
Vsite Apache logfile (web.log in the example below) and the output file
then is the web.json:

/usr/bin/goaccess web.log --log-format='%h %^[%d:%t %^] "%r" %s %b "%R"
"%u"' --date-format=%d/%b/%Y --time-format=%H:%M:%S --anonymize-ip
--anonymize-level=1 --json-pretty-print -o web.json

If you intend to feed it directly with access_log? Then the --log-format
is slightly different and before the %h above you need to add a %v and a
space as well.

See:
https://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/browser/BlueOnyx/5211R/ui/base-sitestats.mod/src/sitestats-scripts/split_logs

Line 162 is for the server level logs (/var/log/httpd/access_log -
actually a copy of it) and line 384 is for parsing the web.log of Vsites.