[BlueOnyx:25860] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Wed Dec 28 10:25:23 -05 2022

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply.

>> Monitorix won't work on my servers (neither on existing servers nor
>> on a freshly installed test VM). I have to install
>> "perl-Config-General", after that everything works fine. There's a
>> missing dependency on the rpm package.
>
> Dang. Actually we have quite a few CCE Handlers that use
> "perl-Config-General", too. I thought it was listed as hard
> requirement for at least one of the BlueOnyx modules, but apparently
> not. I just published an updated base-vsite which now has it as hard
> requirement. Many thanks!

Thanks, I'll test it again, when all RPM mirrors are updated.

>> GoAccess: I have to test it tomorrow then logrotate affected. I
>> excecuted the logrotate commands manually which will create the json
>> files, but the web site on virtual hosts does not offer valid
>> GoAccess statistic.
>
> Yeah, it's kinda tricky to trigger this via a manual log rotate, as
> the split_logs will only generate the
> /home/sites/<Vsite>/var/logs/web.log file for a Vsite if the Vsite in
> question did have any recent web traffic prior to the logrotate.
>
>> Does GoAccess needs more than a json-file in
>> /home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/2022/12/28?
>
> No, it just needs a web.json in there. And preferably one directly in
> /home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/ as well.

Yeah, it worked now. Was a special environment: I tested it with a vm
and only log-files from today. Running split_logs manually created a
folder for 2022/12/27 (yesterday, normally wanted), but in this folder
were only records for today (which would be filtered, I think). After
rename the folder 27 to 28 it shows me the records. Manually run the
script is tricky, but in normal process I think everything works.

Regards,
Juerg