[BlueOnyx:25862] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Wed Dec 28 17:57:30 -05 2022

Hi Michael

>>> Monitorix won't work on my servers (neither on existing servers nor
>>> on a freshly installed test VM). I have to install
>>> "perl-Config-General", after that everything works fine. There's a
>>> missing dependency on the rpm package.
>>
>> Dang. Actually we have quite a few CCE Handlers that use
>> "perl-Config-General", too. I thought it was listed as hard
>> requirement for at least one of the BlueOnyx modules, but apparently
>> not. I just published an updated base-vsite which now has it as hard
>> requirement. Many thanks!
>
> Thanks, I'll test it again, when all RPM mirrors are updated.

I checked it again on a clean vm. The rpm package is installed now, but
the images would not be show, because /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs has no
write access. Which process creates the images? monitorix runs as root,
the admserv user has no write access. Maybe it's an error on my side,
but it occurs on two test vms.

>>> GoAccess: I have to test it tomorrow then logrotate affected. I
>>> excecuted the logrotate commands manually which will create the json
>>> files, but the web site on virtual hosts does not offer valid
>>> GoAccess statistic.
>>
>> Yeah, it's kinda tricky to trigger this via a manual log rotate, as
>> the split_logs will only generate the
>> /home/sites/<Vsite>/var/logs/web.log file for a Vsite if the Vsite in
>> question did have any recent web traffic prior to the logrotate.
>>
>>> Does GoAccess needs more than a json-file in
>>> /home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/2022/12/28?
>>
>> No, it just needs a web.json in there. And preferably one directly in
>> /home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/ as well.
>>

> Yeah, it worked now. Was a special environment: I tested it with a vm
> and only log-files from today. Running split_logs manually created a
> folder for 2022/12/27 (yesterday, normally wanted), but in this folder
> were only records for today (which would be filtered, I think). After
> rename the folder 27 to 28 it shows me the records. Manually run the
> script is tricky, but in normal process I think everything works.

i look forward to tomorrow, something is weird with split_logs. When
system("$GoAccess_cmd $go_access_params");
is enabled, the files in vsites var/logs would not created on manually
run the commands. If I comment this line out, it would be created. This
line is for server-logs so I didn't understand (or debugged), how this
has a impact to vites. I let run the current script with logrotate this
night and will see if it's only a problem on manual run or also with
logrotate...

Regards,
Juerg