[BlueOnyx:25863] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Wed Dec 28 20:44:43 -05 2022

Hi Juerg,

 > Yeah, it worked now. Was a special environment: I tested it with a vm
 > and only log-files from today. Running split_logs manually created a
 > folder for 2022/12/27 (yesterday, normally wanted), but in this folder
 > were only records for today (which would be filtered, I think).

Yes, this is intentional. When logrotate runs we create a copy of the
log and work through it. The results go in a folder with yesterdays
date, as "todays" data is still in the live log.

If logrotate doesn't run at midnight we might end up with some data from
yesterday and today in it, but each dated folder after a while will have
consistently data that was aggregated until the logrotate kicked in. So
I don't consider this an issue.

> I checked it again on a clean vm. The rpm package is installed now, but
> the images would not be show, because /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs has no
> write access. Which process creates the images? monitorix runs as root,
> the admserv user has no write access. Maybe it's an error on my side,
> but it occurs on two test vms.

/var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs should be owned by admserv:admserv and
should have 0755 permissions. Yours doesn't? The "monitorix" RPM should
set it in the POST install section.