[BlueOnyx:25866] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Thu Dec 29 05:03:46 -05 2022

Hi Michael,

> > Yeah, it worked now. Was a special environment: I tested it with a vm
> > and only log-files from today. Running split_logs manually created a
> > folder for 2022/12/27 (yesterday, normally wanted), but in this folder
> > were only records for today (which would be filtered, I think).
>
> Yes, this is intentional. When logrotate runs we create a copy of the
> log and work through it. The results go in a folder with yesterdays
> date, as "todays" data is still in the live log.
>
> If logrotate doesn't run at midnight we might end up with some data
> from yesterday and today in it, but each dated folder after a while
> will have consistently data that was aggregated until the logrotate
> kicked in. So I don't consider this an issue.

I checked the logs today after automatic logrotate. The files are
created (and I don't know why), but it's strange. I have to less traffic
on the test-site to debug it (only manual 5 hits), but
web.log is a null byte file (also on other older installations)
there's a valid json file in /home/sites/{sitename}/var/logs/2022/12/28
in GUI I can only choose 2022/12/29, which shows no results (correct, no
json). 2022/12/28 is not clickable.

Should web.log have data or would it removed after statistic is
processed? I have to debug the process, when I migrated a site with more
traffic....

>> I checked it again on a clean vm. The rpm package is installed now,
>> but the images would not be show, because /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs
>> has no write access. Which process creates the images? monitorix runs
>> as root, the admserv user has no write access. Maybe it's an error on
>> my side, but it occurs on two test vms.
>
> /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs should be owned by admserv:admserv and
> should have 0755 permissions. Yours doesn't? The "monitorix" RPM
> should set it in the POST install section.

In installed a fresh vm. And no, the permissions are wrong:

[root at blueonyx9 ~]# ls -lsa /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs
insgesamt 8
4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 27. Dez 17:52 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 29. Dez 10:34 ..

IMHO it was correct before the "perl-Config-General" update, but I'm not
sure.

Regards,
Juerg