[BlueOnyx:25869] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 29 15:10:47 -05 2022

Hi Juerg,

> Should web.log have data or would it removed after statistic is
> processed? I have to debug the process, when I migrated a site with more
> traffic....

See /etc/logrotate.d/siteX: During the course of the whole logrotate
process the Vsite web.logs's are rotated out entirely. This happens way
after split_logs.

>> /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs should be owned by admserv:admserv and
>> should have 0755 permissions. Yours doesn't? The "monitorix" RPM
>> should set it in the POST install section.
>
> In installed a fresh vm. And no, the permissions are wrong:
>
> [root at blueonyx9 ~]# ls -lsa /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs
> insgesamt 8
> 4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 27. Dez 17:52 .
> 4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 29. Dez 10:34 ..
>
> IMHO it was correct before the "perl-Config-General" update, but I'm not
> sure.

I've seen this a couple of times now and it doesn't make sense. The
Monitorix RPM Specfile has this in it's %files section:

%attr(755,admserv,admserv) %{_localstatedir}/lib/%{name}/www/imgs

ADDITIONALLY it has this in the %post section that runs during
post-install of the RPM:

chown admserv:admserv -R /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs/

I wonder what other black magic I'll have to conjure to make it stick. :p