[BlueOnyx:25871] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Juerg Sommer jsommer at emailto.ch
Thu Dec 29 15:22:02 -05 2022

Hi Michael,

>> Should web.log have data or would it removed after statistic is
>> processed? I have to debug the process, when I migrated a site with
>> more traffic....
> See /etc/logrotate.d/siteX: During the course of the whole logrotate
> process the Vsite web.logs's are rotated out entirely. This happens
> way after split_logs.

Yes, I have seen and understood by now

>>> /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs should be owned by admserv:admserv and
>>> should have 0755 permissions. Yours doesn't? The "monitorix" RPM
>>> should set it in the POST install section.
>>
>> In installed a fresh vm. And no, the permissions are wrong:
>>
>> [root at blueonyx9 ~]# ls -lsa /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs
>> insgesamt 8
>> 4 drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 27. Dez 17:52 .
>> 4 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 29. Dez 10:34 ..
>>
>> IMHO it was correct before the "perl-Config-General" update, but I'm
>> not sure.
>
> I've seen this a couple of times now and it doesn't make sense. The
> Monitorix RPM Specfile has this in it's %files section:
>
> %attr(755,admserv,admserv) %{_localstatedir}/lib/%{name}/www/imgs
>
> ADDITIONALLY it has this in the %post section that runs during
> post-install of the RPM:
>
> chown admserv:admserv -R /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs/
>
> I wonder what other black magic I'll have to conjure to make it stick. :p

Could it be, that the rpm post script runs, BEFORE the admserv user is
created? By 1'000 packages... I removed the monitorix rpm manually and
installed again and then permissions are ok. Only an idea, I don't know
in detail in which order post scripts are executed and when admserv is
created...

Regards,
Juerg