[BlueOnyx:25875] Re: Real Time access analysis (and better stats)

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Dec 29 20:24:33 -05 2022

Hi Juerg,

>> chown admserv:admserv -R /var/lib/monitorix/www/imgs/
>>
>> I wonder what other black magic I'll have to conjure to make it stick. :p
>
> Could it be, that the rpm post script runs, BEFORE the admserv user is
> created? By 1'000 packages... I removed the monitorix rpm manually and
> installed again and then permissions are ok.

Ah, you did a fresh install? Hmmm ... yeah, then it is probably an RPM
installation order issue and Monitorix got installed before the user and
group admserv were present. That's ... unpretty. With the OS included
we're at about 1800-1900 RPMs (if installed off the ISO) and
dependencies are getting somewhat complicated.

I just published a YUM update for Monitorix that fixes it for good - no
matter what. An ExecPre in the Systemd Unit file now makes sure that
permissions and ownerships are corrected whenever Monitorix starts. I
could throw in some RPM "Requires" to try to enforce a better sort
order, but as it is we already have some funky circular dependencies and
I don't want to push them to the point where the install fails due to that.