[BlueOnyx:25279] Re: Dynamic DNS Client running on Blueonyx

Chad A. Bersche chad at bersche.com
Sat Jan 1 16:48:17 -05 2022

Thanks for the info Michael.

One of my, perhaps larger, queries is whether doing something like
turning on "epel-release" via "yum install epel-release" would be
supportable?  After that, presumably one could then install the
'ddclient' package via Yum, which is how I had enabled it on my other
Centos based install (and yes, I know the AlmaLinux vs CentOS challenges
currently, but EPEL should be (mostly) compatible).

If 'ddclient' can safely be installed, then there's a nice configuration
support via ddclient.conf where you can specify multiple DDNS services,
domains, notification, and update intervals.  It also supports things
like API keys, etc. to be able to do password-less updates, and doesn't
really rely on cron, and support for several protocols.

If the ddclient RPM can be installed on BlueOnyx, that'd be great,
though I know I'd be heading into CLI world of enabling EPEL, etc. and I
just don't want to go too far off the supported range.

Thanks again!

   -- Chad