[BlueOnyx:25281] Re: Dynamic DNS Client running on Blueonyx

Chad A. Bersche chad at bersche.com
Sun Jan 2 00:23:20 -05 2022

Thanks for the helpful info, Michael.

I followed the steps you recommended, and after running the 'yum install
epel-release' and enabling the repo, I was able install 'yum install
ddclient' (along with its Perl dependencies) and copied the config file
over to my BlueOnyx system, and happy to report it's now updating my
dynamic DNS entries.  Nice to have this simplified onto BlueOnyx, and
ddclient also has a pretty robust engine for using web based services,
getting the current IP in a number of ways, and avoids doing unnecessary
updates to the services, except when the expiration times are close, in
which case a forced update happens.

Appreciate the help, as always!

   - Chad