[BlueOnyx:25494] Re: Deactivate Letsencrypt for main domain name fails

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jul 5 12:59:38 -05 2022

Hi Jochen,

> this will result in SSL certs not being fetched at all but there are remaining domains that shall be served and that also shall have SSL certificates.

Renewal of LE certs is done by this daily cronjob:

/etc/cron.daily/letsencrypt.cron

That executes this Perl-script:

/usr/sausalito/sbin/letsencrypt_autorenew.pl -a

This script checks CODB for Vsites that use LE certs *AND* have
Auto-Renewal enabled *AND* are past their configured renewal date.

It then individually renews those certs that need to be renewed.

So turning "Auto Renew" off for a selected Vsite will removed it from
being included in the renewal process.

The server-cert (for the BlueOnyx GUI) will always be auto-renewed,
provided you use an LE cert for it and the cronjob runs the renewal
script with the "-a" parameter.

 > I figure renaming a vhost isn't possible in Blue Onyx.

It sure is. Just rename the Vsite in the "General Settings" page of a Vsite.

Like said: If you want to stop auto-renewal of the LE cert for this
inactive Vsite, just turn "Auto Renew" off in the LE settings of that
Vsite. That takes care of it.

Or: Just create a self signed cert via the GUI for that Vsite. Because
if it no longer uses an LE cert, it won't be included in the renewal
process either.