[BlueOnyx:25515] Re: Node.js and npm

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Tue Jul 19 17:03:03 -05 2022

Hi Michael and Ernie,

It's fine to install Node.js and NPM on a BlueOnyx. It won't interfere
with anything.

Ernie wrote:
> BTW. I thought I would do a serch to see if there was a nodejs package for build 20210202 for a 5210R in en_US
> installable from yum and I got the following repo error.
>
> Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'appstream': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: No URLs in mirrorlist
>
> Looks like CentOS has changed something.

Is your BlueOnyx 5210R still running CentOS 8? That went prematurely EOL
on December 2021. There is a way to convert it to AlmaLinux 8 instead
and you can find the instructions for that here:

https://www.blueonyx.it/almalinux-convert